Recorded: September 18th, 2019
This webinar is in a series of webinars offered through a partnership between Rise Together and United Way Bay Area. These webinars are meant to help the Bay Area community prepare for the 2020 census. In the accompanying webinar, participants learn about part time job opportunities available through the census bureau and how they can apply. You can access the recording and slides from the accompanying webinar here.
In this webinar, participants will learn about what it means to be a hard to reach community (HTC) and a vulnerable community, as well as the importance of these communities during the census count process. Topics covered during this webinar also include:
- Understanding Group Quarters & Service Based Enumeration
- Counting people experiencing homelessness
- Reaching seniors / elderly individuals
- Libraries and their role in supporting HTC communities
- Reaching transgender individuals / transwomen