Recorded: August 13th, 2019
This webinar is the second in a series of webinars examining how the “future of work” relates to social enterprises and their beneficiaries. In the first webinar, participants learned about the research SourceAmerica conducted on the future of work topic and how it can be applied to social enterprises. You can access the recording and slides from the first webinar here.
In this webinar, participants will learn about the advocacy and social innovation component of SourceAmerica’s Future of Work program. Through an interactive dialogue, participants will gain insights on how SourceAmerica used their research and human center design thinking techniques to develop interventions to mitigate impacts due to the changing the nature of work and how their research influenced their advocacy efforts.
Suggested Readings and Sources:
- Osterwalder, A. & Pigneur, Y. (2010). Business Model Generation. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Bell, J., Masaoka, J. & Zimmerman, S. (2010). Nonprofit Sustainability: Making Strategic Decisions for Financial Viability. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass A Wiley Imprint.
- Zimmerman, S. & Bell, J. (2015). The Sustainability Mindset: Using the Matrix Map to Make Strategic Decisions. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass A Wiley Imprint.
- Dhanji, N. & Paul, R. (2017, February). Are You Delivering Services or Are You Providing Value? Stanford Social Innovation Review.
- Battilana, J. & Kimsey, M. (2017, September). Should You Agitate, Innovate, or Orchestrate? Stanford Social Innovation Review.
- Shultz, J. (2017, February). The Art of Advocacy Strategy. Stanford Social Innovation Review.
- Hall, N. & Ireland, P. (2016, July). Transforming Activism: Digital Era Advocacy Organizations. Stanford Social Innovation Review.