Thank you for using our services (“Services”). The Services are provided by REDF, located at 785 Market Street Suite 1200 San Francisco, CA, 94103, United States. By using our Services, you are agreeing to these terms. Please read them carefully. Our Services are very diverse, so sometimes additional terms or product requirements (including age requirements) may apply. Additional terms will be available with the relevant Services, and those additional terms become part of your agreement with us if you use those Services.
REDF owns or licenses the copyrights and other intellectual property rights in the materials on this Site, and those rights are protected by United States and international copyright and other intellectual property laws. Text materials may be used, downloaded, reproduced, or reprinted for your personal or organization’s non-commercial purposes only. All copies must contain the following attribution: “Reproduced with permission of REDF,” and such other statements as provided on this Site. All copies of materials from the Legal sections of this Site must include the additional legend: “This document is provided for general information only, and is not intended as a source of legal advice. Users are encouraged to seek the advice of an attorney.” You must include all copyright notices displayed on the materials. Text materials may not be changed in any way. REDF’s prior written consent is required for any commercial use of text material. The graphic materials on this Site, including photographs, illustrations, and artwork, may not be used for any purpose without the prior written permission of the copyright owner.
The term “REDF,” our logo and other trademarks, service marks and indicia of source (Marks) are owned by REDF. You may not use our Marks in connection with any product or service that does not belong to us, nor in any manner likely to cause confusion about whether we are affiliated with or the source, sponsor, or endorser of the product or service or in any manner that disparages us.
You may link to the home page of REDF as long as the link does not cast us in a misleading light, and the page containing the link properly identifies this Site and does not state or imply any sponsorship by or affiliation with REDF. We may revoke this permission at any time. Without our prior written permission, you may not create a link that incorporates or relies upon, in whole or in part, any content from this Site. REDF has no responsibility for the content of websites that link to our Site.
You agree to indemnify and, if requested, defend REDF, its affiliates and its respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from all liabilities, damages, losses, or expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, that an indemnified party may incur based on any third-party claims related to or arising out of your acts or omissions in connection with your use of the Site or your violation of these Terms.
Creating an Account
- Service Eligibility: To be eligible to use the Services, you must meet the following criteria and represent and warrant that you: (1) are 14-years old or older; (2) are not currently restricted from our Services, or not otherwise prohibited from having a REDFworkshop.org account, (3) are not a competitor of REDF or are not using the Services for reasons that are in competition with REDF; (4) will only maintain one REDFworkshop.org account at any given time; (5) will use your real name and only provide accurate information to REDFworkshop.org; (6) have full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and doing so will not violate any other agreement to which you are a party; (7) will not violate any rights of org or third party, including intellectual property rights such as copyright or trademark rights; and (8) agree to provide at your cost all equipment, software, mobile access, and internet access necessary to use our Services.
- Member Account, Password, and Security: To register for the Service, You must complete the registration process by providing REDFworkshop.org with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the registration form, including Your e-mail address (username) and password. You will protect Your passwords and take full responsibility for Your own, and third party, use of Your accounts. You are solely responsible for any and all activities that occur under Your Account. You will notify REDFworkshop.org immediately upon learning of any unauthorized use of Your Account or any other breach of security. org support staff may, from time to time, log in to the Service under Your member password in order to maintain or improve service, including to provide You assistance with technical issues.
- Your License to Use the Services: REDFworkshop.org gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use the software that is provided to you by REDFworkshop.org as part of our Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of our Services as provided by REDFworkshop.org, in the manner permitted by these Terms.
- Business Uses of our Services: If you are using our Services on behalf of a business, that business accepts these terms. It will hold harmless and indemnify org and its affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from any claim, suit or action arising from or related to the use of the Services or violation of these terms, including any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys’ fees.
User rights, responsibilities, and restrictions
- Using our Services: You must follow any policies made available to you within the Services.
Don’t misuse our Services. For example, don’t interfere with our Services or try to access them using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide. You may use our Services only as permitted by law, including applicable export and re-export control laws and regulations. We may suspend or stop providing our Services to you if you do not comply with our terms or policies or if we are investigating suspected misconduct.
Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you access. You may not use content from our Services unless you obtain permission from its owner or are otherwise permitted by law. These terms do not grant you the right to use any branding or logos used in our Services. Don’t remove, obscure, or alter any legal notices displayed in or along with our Services.
Our Services display some content that does not belong to REDFworkshop.org, This content is the sole responsibility of the entity that makes it available. We may review content to determine whether it is illegal or violates our policies, and we may remove or refuse to display content that we reasonably believe violates our policies or the law. But that does not necessarily mean that we review content, so please don’t assume that we do.
In connection with your use of the Services, we may send you service announcements, administrative messages, and other information. You may opt out of some of those communications.
- What To Do and What Not To Do:
- Do the following:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and update it as necessary;
- Review and comply with notices sent by REDF concerning the Services;
- Use the Services in a professional manner; and
- Use your real name on your profile.
- Don’t do the following:
- Act dishonestly or unprofessionally by posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content;
- Publish inaccurate information in the designated fields on the profile form (e.g., do not include a link or an email address in the name field). Please also protect sensitive personal information such as your email address, phone number, street address, or other information that is confidential in nature;
- Create a Member profile for anyone other than a natural person;
- Harass, abuse or harm another person, including sending unwelcomed communications to others using REDFworkshop.org;
- Use or attempt to use another’s account or create a false identity on REDFworkshop.org.
Limitation of liability, disclaimer of warranty, and indemnification
- Warranties and Disclaimers: We provide our Services using a commercially reasonable level of skill and care and we hope that you will enjoy using them. But there are certain things that we don’t promise about our Services.
OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS OR ADDITIONAL TERMS, REDFWORKSHOP.ORG DOES NOT MAKE ANY SPECIFIC PROMISES ABOUT THE SERVICES. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DON’T MAKE ANY COMMITMENTS ABOUT THE CONTENT WITHIN THE SERVICES, THE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OF THE SERVICES, OR THEIR RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES “AS IS”.
SOME JURISDICTIONS PROVIDE FOR CERTAIN WARRANTIES, LIKE THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXCLUDE ALL WARRANTIES.
- Liability for our Services: WHEN PERMITTED BY LAW, REDF WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, OR DATA, FINANCIAL LOSSES OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOOD-WILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM (i) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES; (ii) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES; (iii) ANY CONTENT OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICES; OR (iv) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF REDFWORKSHOP.ORG FOR ANY CLAIMS UNDER THESE TERMS, INCLUDING FOR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID US TO USE THE SERVICES (OR, IF WE CHOOSE, TO SUPPLYING YOU THE SERVICES AGAIN).
IN ALL CASES, REDF WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT IS NOT REASONABLY FORESEEABLE.
- Indemnification: To the extent permitted by applicable law, You will indemnify, hold harmless and defend REDF at Your expense, from any and all third-party claims, actions, proceedings, and suits brought against REDF or any of its officers, directors, employees, agents or affiliates, and all related liabilities, damages, settlements, penalties, fines, costs or expenses (including, reasonable attorneys’ fees and other litigation expenses) incurred by REDF or any of its officers, directors, employees, agents or affiliates, arising out of or relating to (i) Your breach of any term or condition of this Agreement, (ii) Your use of the Service, (iii) Your violations of applicable laws, rules or regulations in connection with the Service, (iv) any representations and warranties made by You concerning any aspect of the Service, the Software or Reports to any Third Party; (v) any claims made by or on behalf of any Third Party pertaining directly or indirectly to Your use of the Service, the Software or Reports; (vi) violations of Your obligations of privacy to any Third Party; and (vii) any claims with respect to acts or omissions of any Third Party in connection with the Service, the Software or Reports. REDFWorkshop.org will provide You with written notice of any claim, suit or action from which You must indemnify REDF. You will cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any claim. REDF reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by You.
Choice of law and forum selection
- Choice of Law and Forum Selection: These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to or application of its conflict of law provisions or your state or country of residence. All claims, legal proceedings or litigation arising in connection with the Services will be brought solely in the federal or state courts located in San Francisco County, California, United States, and you consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum.
If you are a federal, state, or local government entity in the United States using the Services in your official capacity and legally unable to accept the controlling law, jurisdiction or venue clauses above, then those clauses do not apply to you. For such U.S. federal government entities, these Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the United States of America (without reference to conflict of laws) and, in the absence of federal law and to the extent permitted under federal law, the laws of the State of California (excluding choice of law).
Modifying or termination of an account
- Modifying and Terminating our Services: We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functionalities or features, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether.
You can stop using our Services at any time, although we’ll be sorry to see you go. REDFworkshop.org may also stop providing Services to you, or add or create new limits to our Services at any time.
We believe that you own your data and preserving your access to such data is important. If we discontinue a Service, where reasonably possible, we will give you reasonable advance notice and a chance to get information out of that Service.
Notification process for modified service or terms
- Tenure of Agreement: The term of this Agreement will commence on the Effective Date and will remain in effect until terminated by you or us in accordance with Modifying or termination of account clause.
- About these Terms: We may modify these terms or any additional terms that apply to a Service to, for example, reflect changes to the law or changes to our Services. You should look at the terms regularly. We’ll post notice of modifications to these terms on this page. We’ll post notice of modified additional terms in the applicable Service. Changes will not apply retroactively and will become effective no sooner than fourteen days after they are posted. However, changes addressing new functions for a Service or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. If you do not agree to the modified terms for a Service, you should discontinue your use of that Service.
If there is a conflict between these terms and the additional terms, the additional terms will control for that conflict.
These terms control the relationship between REDF and you. They do not create any third party beneficiary rights.
If you do not comply with these terms, and we don’t take action right away, this doesn’t mean that we are giving up any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future).
If it turns out that a particular term is not enforceable, this will not affect any other terms.
REDF reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Site or any part of it with or without notice. While we use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this Site, we make no warranties or representations as to its accuracy or up-to-date status. The materials contained on this Site are provided “as is” and without any implied or express warranties. We do not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Site is free of viruses or other harmful components. We do not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or results of the use of this Site in terms of accuracy, reliability, or appropriateness for the user.
The information provided on this Site of a legal or financial nature is intended as general information only and not as specific legal or financial advice. We assume no liability for your use or interpretation of information contained on this Site. Any information sent to this Site or received through this Site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. An attorney-client relationship must be established with REDF before any communications will be treated as privileged or confidential. We advise anyone reading documents on this Site containing legal or financial information to consider pursuing independent legal or financial advice that addresses the specific situation the person or organization is encountering. Please consult an attorney for a full explanation of your legal rights with regard to the benefits explained in the Self-Sufficiency Calculator. REDF cannot and is not representing or guaranteeing the accuracy or the up-to-date status of legal references or legal or financial information contained in the material on this Site. Any reader that relies on this information does so solely at his or her own risk.
These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of California applicable to contracts made and performed within the State without regard to its conflicts of law principles. By using this Site, you agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the County of Alameda, State of California with respect to any dispute arising under these Terms.
Nothing in these Terms creates an agency, partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, attorney-client, or similar relationship between REDF and any user of this Site. These Terms constitute the entire agreement and supersede all other agreements between you and REDF regarding your use of the Site. If any provision of these terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the intentions reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms remain in full force and effect. You may not assign your rights under these Terms without REDF’s prior written consent. REDF may assign these Terms and transfer any of its rights, obligations, and information provided at any time for any reason.
Contact Us; Comments and Questions
We strive to ensure that your visit to our Site is a satisfactory one. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our Terms or the Site, please visit the Contact Us section of this Site.