About This Resource
What is a DBL and what can it do?
Double Bottom Line (DBL) financial analysis helps us understand how financially self-sustaining each part of our ESE is.
Have you ever wondered …
- Whether your goal for how the business financially supports your social mission is really being achieved?
- How to convince your customer to pay a higher cost for your product or service because you also have a social mission?
- How to demonstrate to your board or other stakeholders that your business and employment operations are truly sustainable?
- How to communicate and justify the amount of philanthropic funds needed to sustain the social mission?
- What is the right % philanthropic funding vs. business revenue to run your ESE?
DBL can help with all of the above.
Below is an overview with the following goals:
- Understand what SOCIAL COSTS are and identify them in your ESE
- Identify what % of your INCOME and COSTS are driven by business activities and what % is driven by program activities
- Is program revenue subsidizing business? or
- Is the business subsidizing program? or
- Are they both financially self sustaining?
- Understand why we conduct DBL Analysis